Pages

February 24, 2009

Spring Break at Mount Allison

So the last few weeks a few things have happened...

A friend of mine performed in The Lover - by Harold Pinter at the Windsor Theatre.

Another friend of mine played in the
Atlantic Colleges Athletic Association Badminton Championships and won every match, earned an award, and qualified for nationals...she's pretty amazing like that. Unfortunately I was too sick to attend...so these photos are from the Mount Allison Athletics Website.






I turned 19 and (gasp) didn't drink. It really wasn't a life changing event...just a lot of fun with some great friends.



It snowed...a lot.


And there was an Open House on Friday the 13th (think long lines for meal hall and large crowds). Actually open houses are quite helpful especially if Mount Allison is your first University visit and you have questions. If you can't make it to them...just about every other day of the school year is quite nice as well. I visited around this time a year ago...it was freezing cold and nobody in their right mind was outside but I still decided to come here...so the visit is really what you make of it.

I applied for and received both of my passports (no more embarrassing Grade 8 photos)...now no being stopped trying to cross the border (96 Days until you need secure documents to cross the border into the US)

I made it through all of my midterms...don't ask how.

I found out which flight I'm taking home (Classes end the beginning of April and Exams are until the 23rd). Shorter semesters mean less total time working...but also less time to catch up.


Most students have gone home for the break but I'm here busy
working on a primary source analysis paper on the October Crisis and writing my paper on US-Cuban Relations for US Government.

March 13th I'll be going to Pat LePoidevin's Blue Tornadoes CD Release Party and on March 22nd (if I can get a ticket) I'll be going to Weakerthans and Constantines

George's Fabulous Roadhouse

That's about all the news I have for now...this week I'll be working a lot to be ready for term paper deadlines and reviewing notes for tests. Lots of fun. Soon I'll be writing a bit more about getting involved on campus...and some detail on a group that was refreshed this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment