Pages

July 14, 2011

Berklee College of Music- A Thank You Note

Over this summer I've been really productive at work and otherwise. A few times at work starting new projects and organizing clubs for next year I've had to step back for a moment and reflect upon the fact that a couple years ago the work I'm doing now would have seemed incredibly more stressful and daunting than I feel it is today.

I think I owe a lot of that confidence is due to the opportunity I had to work at Berklee College of Music over the Summer of 2009. Starting at a new school coordinating with a number of people with much more important jobs at some points was intimidating. However, with the support and encouragement I received from my co-workers and supervisors at Berklee, I was able to do everything I needed to do before the deadline, with attention to detail, and (eventually) with confidence.

Consequently, it seemed to be great timing when my supervisor sent me a letter of recommendation earlier this month. I'd like to share it with you because I think my experience has had a direct impact on how I perform at my current job. There is not a lot of overlap in terms of specific job duties between what I did in Student Services and what I'm doing in Communications but I feel that the experience of working there helped me be more efficient, productive, and confident in my work at Mount Allison than I otherwise would be. In short, thank you. Thank you Tamia Jordan, thank you Emily Page, and thank you Berklee College of Music for giving me such a great opportunity. I wish I could write a letter of recommendation befitting how much I feel working there has helped me develop personally and professionally.


Geoff Campbell Berklee College of Music Recommendation